MEMBERSHIP IN CSC
In the construction industry’s fast-paced environment, the need for and value of Construction Specifications Canada is greater than ever. CSC brings together individuals from all segments of the construction industry. All who have a vested interest in Canada’s largest industry are invited to join CSC. When you join CSC you become a part of the only association that brings together professionals from all aspects of the construction industry.
CSC offers members of the Design Team the opportunity to meet with other members and exchange information. It also affords you the chance to help improve technology and its management, and the means to improve ways in which your ideals are translated into clear, concise and complete documentation.
If you are a member of the Building Team, Construction Specifications Canada offers you the opportunity to become involved in formulating specifications. Your valuable input into the programs can help generate time and cost savings as well as improve performance.
The multi-disciplinary composition of CSC allows members of the Supply Team to meet with other members of the construction team. CSC programs in data filing and information retrieval are geared to present convenient and concise information on your products for proper evaluation and specification.
If you are a student of architecture, engineering or construction technology, CSC will provide you with greater exposure to and a better understanding of the Construction Industry, giving you an excellent opportunity if you plan a career in the construction field.
THE OBJECTIVES OF CSC:
- To foster the interests of those engaged in or who are affected by the compilation or use of any forms of specifications or related documentation for the construction industry.
- To publish literature pertaining to the construction industry.
- To engage in activities to improve procedures and techniques related to the construction industry.
CSC offers a range of Programs & Services:
- CSC – through education and certification programs – provides the means to continue to learn and develop your skills as well as to share your own expertise and experience with others.
- CSC offers the Registered Specification Writer (RSW), Certified Technical Representative (CTR) and Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) programs of certification.
- CSC – through its technical and educational programs – prepares and publishes technical documents, guides and studies.
- Construction Canada Magazine, CSC's official publication, is published seven times a year, and carries features to keep you up to date in this complex construction world.
With CSC Chapters across Canada, you can participate in chapter meetings and activities, and take full advantage of networking with your colleagues on the local level. CSC Annual Conferences offer the same opportunities on a national basis.
In addition to seeking new avenues of cooperation with other groups in the industry, CSC continues its involvement as:
- A Constituent Member of Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC)
- Private Sector Representative to the Federal National Master Specification Policy Committee
- Canadian Representative to the International Construction Information Society
- Member of the Construction Industry Consultative Committee
CSC is a totally open association. The only qualification needed to join is an interest in CSC’s objectives.
To join or obtain further information,
OR contact the CSC office at .....
120 Carlton Street
Suite 312 Toronto, ON, M5A 4K2
Telephone (416) 777-2198
Toll Free Fax (Canada) 800-668-5684 (Toronto area) (416) 777-2197